25 April – 16 May EARLY BIRD ENTRIES!
- 11km Seahorse & 15km Coelacanth – R399
17 May – 1 July
- 11km Seahorse & 15km Coelacanth – R420
3 July LATE ( on the day ) ENTRIES
- 11km Seahorse & 15km Coelacanth – R500
WIN with The Featherbed Co.
Enter before 17 May to go into the draw for this fantastic prize – Sunset Sail for 2 guests on the Heads Explorer Catamaran! Snacks & a drink included!
The catamaran yacht, ‘Heads Explorer’, is for the adventurous and romantic, creating an unforgettable experience, sailing on the Knysna Lagoon to the Heads and beyond.
The race will take place on Tuesday 3rd July 2018 during the Pick n Pay Knysna Oyster Festival.
RACE REGISTRATION, HQ & FINISH: Cruise Café Restaurant, Remembrance Drive, off Waterfront Drive, Knysna
RACE START: Buffalo Bay Main Beach
WHAT ARE THE DISTANCES AND PROFILES?
SEAHORSE TRAIL RUN: 11.0 KM
Elevation Gain: 240 meters
NEED TO KNOW
- The Run will start on the beach in Buffalo Bay and finish at the Cruise Café.
- Registration will be at the Cruise Café
- Two distances will still be on offer with two starts.
- 9.30 am START: 15km Coelacanth
- 11.00am START: 11km Seahorse
- Taxi Transport will be available from the Cruise Café to the start but self-drive is welcome. The Buffalo Bay start is a 25 minute drive from the Cruise Café. The last departure of the Taxis will be 45 minutes prior to the start of the event. DO NOT WAIT FOR THE LAST TAXI.
- Your extra warm clothing will be transported from the start back to the finish and can be collected after finishing the race.
- A post-race meal will be served at the Cruise Café.
- Prize Giving will be at 12.30pm.
- Online entries close Sunday 1st July 8pm.
- Late entries on the day at race registration, Cruise Cafe Restaurant.
Once again we have chosen The Knysna Basin Project as our event charity. Make a small donation when you enter, and help protect Knysna’s beauty!
The Knysna Basin Project is a scientifically focused Not for Profit organization based in Knysna. The overarching aim of the Knysna Basin Project is to ensure the future conservation of the Knysna Estuary and the surrounding catchments.
Photo by Frans Fourie, Sirius Media
THE MOMENTUM BIG5 CHALLENGE is the Ultimate Multisport Challenge which takes place in Knysna from 29 June to 7 July 2018. A race aimed at athletes who push the limits and challenge the status quo, the Momentum BIG5 Challenge truly is a league of its own. Read more..